This one is a tip for a quick pasta meal.
Latina Fresh Fettuccine Latina Fresh Pasta 2 minutes to cook, and beats dry pasta hands down. Armed with the fresh fettuccine and a bottle of pasta sauce, you can have a hot, home cooked, meal in the time it take to boil a saucepan of water (+ 2 minutes).
For a quick meal:
- just boil the water (plus some salt, 1/2 teaspoon of salt – don’t add oil to the water) on the stove. and give the pasta it’s 2 minutes to cook.
- while that is happening pour a bit of pasta sauce into the a pasta bowl. The pasta sauce I used was Legos Calabrese Pasta Sauce, very nice and lasts OK in the fridge (much more than one meal)
- (Optional) Heat the sauce in the microwave (< 1 minute on high – make sure you cover it – it can explode). Optional because if your quick with the next step, the heat of the pasta will warm the sauce.
- Drain the pasta in a colander (worthwhile kitchen gadget – get a stainless steel on and put it through the dish washer).
- Add pasta to sauce.
- Grate some Parmesan Reggiano – expensive but worthwhile for the flavour.
- Fettuccine Pasta : Latina Fresh Fettuccine. Fresh pasta you’d expect to find in a very good Italian Restaurant, take home from the fridge section in the supermarket.
- Pasta Sauce: Leggos Calabrese Pasta Sauce. Very tasty, nice capsicum and tomatoes flavour. I’ll start a list rating the sauces I’m trying.
- Cheese Grater : Zyliss Classic Cheese Grater. The thing is good, and simple, but it works and is dishwasher safe.
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmigiano Reggiano (the proper Italian name). The “good stuff”, I would not go for any other alternative on pasta.