This post continues my exploration of the possibilities that Writer plug-in offer. These are the previous blog posts on the topic:
What I think I try and build this time
This time I’m going to go for something a bit smarter. There are couple of thing things that I think I build into a plug-in.
- A Wikipedia Link which looks some thing like Wikipedia Link (there is a bit of work to do on the icon/image).
- The plug-in will take the currently selected text
- If the selection exists on the Wikipedia simply insert the link
- (Version 2) I think I’ll allow some degree of customisation of the link inserted.
- (Version 2) Will allow for the pasting of a citation (Version 3 allows for multiple formats).
- RSS Feed Linking, or Blog This from a RSS feed. Or, could be a citation type of to an article.New Scientist is my first target for this but the list of possible RSS feeds will probably grow.
- (Version 3) There is probably a generalisation which will fall out of this, which should allow for the linking to any RSS feed,
- There will also, probably fall out, a set of patterns for the link and citation
- MSDN Link (with the look like point 1).
- (Version 3) Other reference sites, dictionaries, thesauri, quotes, (and more).
Wait and see. I’m not certain how much time I will have for the project. It will be a bit of a puddle around when the mood takes me project.