I come to an impasse with my 32 bit Windows 7 some of the software I’d like to be running at home (for experimentation purposes) is now 64 bit (SQL Server Analysis Services, SharePoint 2010 being the main 2), So I’ve decided it’s time to bit the bite the bullet and make the upgrade.
The Pre-Upgrade Steps
Before making this upgrade, I’ve purchased a new Dell Netbook. I’ve no desire to be half way through the upgrade an have to look something up on the internet, or need to download something, and not have working machine.
I’ve made backups of everything which is on the machine.
- Inset the Windows 7 Upgrade DVD (64bit),
- Boots normally – does not boot from the DVD
- Insert the Windows 7 Upgrade DVD (32 bit) – Maybe I need to start in 32bit mode and then swap to 64bit.
- Boots Normally – does not boot from the DVD (again)
- Start the 32 Bit Setup from the DVD. – Result Problem 1
Go and Google and see what someone else nay have had to say about this error.
Just my luck! Microsoft decide to do an upgrade just when I do. Well I’ll have to wait for the answer to this one.
Stay tuned to the next exciting episodes of this saga.