Archive for October 5th, 2010
This is a recipe which uses the packet mix as the base, but then adds my own extras. I’ve made this variation many times and it is very quick and easy. The reason I make it often is because it does not require beating, just tip all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. I just fold the mix together with a soft plastic spatula.
The extras (Craig’s embellishments on the basic packet mix):
- About 75g of walnut pieces. I’ve tried whole walnut halves, and walnut pieces, the walnut pieces are the quickest and simplest. But, if you need a stress release, breaking walnut halves up is quite pleasant.
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (vary the measure according to your taste – I like cinnamon so I use closer to 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
The only divergence from the method on the packet is to melt the butter in the microwave. I measure the 40g of butter into a large glass bowl, zap that in the microwave for 15 second. Then add the water, the egg, vanilla, cinnamon, walnuts, and the packed mix. Then mix well in the one bowl.
Result: Very good. The packet says that it serves 10. I’m luck to have ½ left on the day I bake it.
- Nuts to you (wcs4.blogspot.com)
- Brigitte Mars: Healthy Caramel Apples with Brigitte Mars (huffingtonpost.com)
- Chocolate Brownies (teabreak.pk)
- The Temporary Vegetarian: Broccoli Panzanella With Walnut Sauce and Basil (dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Chilly rain, grapes, tomatoes, and walnuts (ckenb.blogspot.com)